The 2010 Support Your Local Library Reading Challenge by J.Kaye of J.Kaye’s Book Blog.
- Anyone can join
- There are four levels:
- Audio, Re-reads, eBooks, YA, Young Reader – any book as long as it is checked out from the library count. Checked out like with a library card, not purchased at a library sale.
- No need to list your books in advance. You may select books as you go. Even if you list them now, you can change the list if needed.
- Crossovers from other reading challenges count.
- Challenge begins January 1st thru December, 2010.
–The Mini – Check out and read 25 library books.
–Just My Size – Check out and read 50 library books.
–Stepping It Up – Check out and read 75 library books.
–Super Size Me – Check out and read 100 library books.
(Aim high. As long as you read 25 by the end of 2010, you are a winner.)
So um… another challenge? Why of course!!! and actually this one is very fitting – as I was just making myself a promise that I would try to borrow more books from the Public Library – since my budget cannot sustain my current hunger for books. And – yes – I’ve been getting a bit of flack from my family about the books I’ve been buying – so this challenge is perfect! The only catch is to return them on time 🙂
Oh right before I sign off what level? I’m going to aim for the Just My Size category… Yup 50 books – wow that sounds so daunting – but I suspect it really won’t be.
Thanks J.Kaye for hosting this wonderful Challenge and I look forward to meeting it!
- The Seance by Iain Lawrence
- Ray Bradbury’s Fahrenheit: The Authorized Adaptation
- Whirlwind by David Klaas
- Such a Pretty Girl by Laura Wiess
- I’d Tell You I Love You But Then I’d Have to Kill You by Ally Carter
- Cross my Heart and Hope to Spy by Ally Carter
- Hardy Boys #1 The Ocean of Osyria by Scott Lobdell and Lea Hernandez
- Nancy Drew #5 The Fake Heir
- Some Girls Are by Courtney Summers
- Don’t Judge a Girl by Her Cover by Ally Carter
- Deadly Little Secret by Laurie Faria Stolarz
- Runaways Volume 1: Pride & Joy by Brian K. Vaughan
- Two Parties, One Tux by Steven Goldman
- The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson
- Crash Into Me by Albert Borris
- Deadly Little Lies by Laurie Faria Stolarz
- Fade by Lisa McMann
- Cracked up to be by Courtney Summers
- Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen
- Fragile Eternity by Melissa Marr
- Kisses and Lies by Lauren Henderson
- This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen
- Shadowland by Alyson Noel
- Because I am Furniture by Thalia Chaltras
- Johnny Kellock Died Today by Hadley Dyer