Between January 1 and December 31, 2010, read one book in each of the following categories:
- A book with a food in the title: Clockwork Orange, Grapes of Wrath, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
- A book with a body of water in the title: A River Runs through It, Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters, The Lake House
- A book with a title (queen, president) in the title: The Murder of King Tut, The Count of Monte Cristo, Lady Susan
- A book with a plant in the title: A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, Wind in the Willows, The Name of the Rose
- A book with a place name (city, country) in the title: Out of Africa; London; Between, Georgia
- A book with a music term in the title: Song of Solomon, Ragtime, The Piano Teacher
The book titles are just suggestions, you can read whatever book you want to fit the category.
Other Things to Know
- Books may be any form (audio, print, e-book).
- Books may overlap other challenges.
- Books may not overlap categories; you need a different book for each category.
- Creativity for matching the categories is allowed.
- You do not have to make a list of books before hand.
- You do not have to read through the categories in any particular order.
- There will be a single prize at the end of the challenge. Readers who complete the challenge and write up a wrap-up post (or wrap-up comment) are eligible. I’ll figure out a way to make it international.
Hmmm…. Another Challenge – is there a limit to the number of Challenges one can do? I guess I’ll find out this year… Having just discovered these wonderful activities – I want to get in on them all… Don’t worry I know that’s not possible and am thinking I’ll have to stop soon… I really like the concept behind this one – and I think it’ll be really fun to find books matching all these categories – so I’m in 🙂
- A book with a food in the title:
- A book with a body of water in the title:
- A book with a title (queen, president) in the title:
- A book with a plant in the title:
- A book with a place name (city, country) in the title:
- A book with a music term in the title: